Talman Associates, Sacramento, CA 95818
June 1997 to October 2000: President and Project Manager
Founded and managed Web Development company, and created sites for a wide range of clients.
- Enhanced internal business efficiency of corporations and non-profit organizations by creating and managing web sites that featured improved front-end usability and extensive back-end web applications.
- Negotiated sales and supplier contracts for software development, Web site development and hosting.
- Interfaced with clients to identify and document business requirements/opportunities by conducting JAD sessions and individual interviews.
- Modeled organizational data/business processes into detailed software specifications for relational database (primarily SQL Server and Access) and middleware (Cold Fusion) programmers.
- Managed teams of designers, writers, middleware/database developers and HTML programmers throughout the entire software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Performed conceptual development, interface design, site architecture design, graphic design, and HTML/XML/CSS template design.
- Monitored and reported on site usability, site traffic statistics and performance against schedule for clients.
Public Web Sites
- Talman Associates (Web Archive)
Company website from 1998.
- Bay Area First! (Web Archive)
Redesign and development of an online marketing site for the Bay Area Marketing Partnership. Site is intended to market corporate site planners and real estate executives to encourage corporate relocation and plant construction in the Bay Area. Sponsored by the Bay Area Economic Forum and 9 Bay Area counties. Includes a wide variety of custom features, including: database-driven online regional contacts directory, threaded discussion groups, custom Java-driven Interactive Atlas, and client-controlled editing of area profiles and news articles.
- Skillsnet (Web Archive)
Career development website for the animation, visual effects and multimedia industries sponsored by The State of California and a consortium of industry organizations including the Entertainment Industry Development Corporation (EIDC) and the Bay Area Multimedia Partnership (BAMP). Multiple databases of industry and educational data.
- From the Garden to the Table
Pro bono work for children's after-school nutritional education project. Sponsored by the California Partnership for Children, UC Berkeley.
- Valley Humane Society (Web Archive)
Website for private animal shelter located in Pleasanton, Ca. An extensive back-end system allowed for the computerization of shelter operations, including animal intake, veterinary services, fund-raising campaigns, etc. Automatic online listing and search of adoptable animals. Content management allowed shelter administrators to publish their own updates and articles. Online store enabled ordering of custom garments and books through Amazon and CafePress.
- CommerceNet eCo Specification Site (Web Archive)
Special subsite to introduce CommerceNet's new XML framework for e-Commerce. Included working demonstration (not active on archive site).
Private Intranet Sites/Projects:
- IDG Publications: Global Web Support Center
Redesign and database development for internal website serving IDG's webmaster, ad sales and editorial staff at over 225 websites worldwide. Developed Site:Stats system to collect, analyze and distribute corporate-wide Web traffic reports, web tools, ad sales information.
Return to home